Saturday, April 18, 2009

THE ASHES OF MAN

This is a poem that I wrote on 8/17/88. Feel free to enjoy and try to imagine what I was thinking when I wrote it.


The Ashes Of Man

On top of a hill I watch as the sun begins to rise,
With the dew in all its beauty clinging to the ground
And as heavy fog slowly begins to rise
I see people inching towards me in the distance.

Where am I? What can I be?
I could be a daisy in a field,
I could be a tree standing all alone,
Oh, I could be almost anything that you chose.

The sun is at its peak now,
The dew and fog are gone until night.
People continue to pass me by all day,
Laughing and having such a good time.

Where am I? What can I be?
I could be you,
Or could it be that I am not?
Oh, I could be almost anyone that you chose.

The sun is beginning to hide itself on the horizon,
The flowers that have been open all day begin to close,
The laughter begins to fade into the distance
As less and less people pass me by.

Where am I? What can I be?
Yes, you are right.
That is me.
The soul of a "ONCE WAS GONNA BE".



The answer is this is my ashes after being creamated.

1 comment:

  1. Looking for you?? People passing, busy living their lives not even noticing you are confused and needing direction. You are looking intently for yourself and purpose in this life. I think writing your blog will help you find that purpose and direction. Here is another quote I love, "It is never to late to become all you were meant to be"

    ReplyDelete